Our Addictions and Community Service Worker diploma program gets you career-ready in just 56 weeks, including practicum. Enrol today!
- Study online and create a schedule that works with your daily home, work and other commitments
- Learn to interview clients, obtain their case history, prepare intake reports and assess each client’s strengths and needs
- Develop your knowledge of addiction, treatment planning, relapse prevention and recovery
- Learn to provide support to individuals who are facing physical, mental health and/or addiction challenges
- Better understand the unique experiences of vulnerable populations, such as First Nations, seniors, members of the LGBTQ+ community and persons with disabilities
- Apply your skills and get valuable real-world experience during a field-related internship
- Basics of Psychology
- Addictions Fundamentals
- Trauma and Crisis Intervention
- Recovery Skills and Prevention
- Introduction to Counselling and Communication Skills
- Treatment and Pharmacology
Ready to get started?
Use our form to get more information on our Addictions and Community Service Worker diploma program. ABM College offers ongoing program start dates, an easy enrolment process and guidance on your financing options so you’ll be ready to jump into your studies as soon as you’re ready!