Our Legal Assistant diploma program gets you career-ready in just 54 weeks, including 4-week practicum. Enrol today!
- Study online and create a schedule that works with your daily home, work and other commitments
- Gain the skills and knowledge to work in any legal, corporate or judicial setting, providing legal assistance and administrative support
- Be introduced to key areas of the law, including civil litigation law, commercial law, corporate law and procedures, wills and estates, criminal law and more
- Develop your skills in legal research, interviewing, transcription and legal writing
- Learn general legal office procedures, including file management, communications within the Law Society of Alberta, legal accounting and more
- Apply your skills and get valuable real-world experience during a 4-week internship in a legal office environment
- Introduction to Canadian Law
- Commercial Law
- Criminal Law and Procedures
- Immigration and Refugee Law
- Family Law
- Wills and Estates
- Energy and Natural Resources Law
- Intellectual Property Law
- 4-week practicum
Ready to get started?
Use our form to get more information on our Legal Assistant diploma program. ABM College offers ongoing program start dates, an easy enrolment process and guidance on your financing options so you’ll be ready to jump into your studies as soon as you’re ready!