Play a vital role in today’s expanding health care systems with our 28-week Personal Support Worker certificate program. Comprehensive practicum included!
Our Personal Support Worker certificate program prepares you to explore positions as a personal support worker, nursing assistant, residential care aide, health care attendant and more. PSWs are in high demand in a wide range of workplaces, including private homes, long-term care facilities, hospitals, retirement homes, community health care agencies and more. Contact us today!
- Participate in 16 weeks of in-class learning at our Toronto campus followed by a comprehensive 12-week clinical work placement
- Learn about the roles and responsibilities of a personal support worker
- Learn safety and comfort techniques for assisting clients with routine activities, including identifying potential risks, infection control, body mechanics, and proper positioning
- Learn to assist with personal hygiene, including bathing, grooming, toileting, skin care, and infection control
- Learn to identify possible signs of family violence and abuse and how to respond when this is suspected
- Learn to assist with nutritional needs and household management
- Gain practical experience and self-confidence during a 12-week practicum in a community or facility setting
- PSW Foundations
- Safety and Mobility
- Body Systems
- Assisting with Personal Hygiene
- Abuse and Neglect
- Assisting the Family / Growth and Development
- Assisting the Dying Person
- Clinical Placement
- And more
Ready to get started?
Take the first step towards a rewarding career as a Personal Support Worker! Fill out our form now to get more information about ABM College’s PSW certificate program. With ongoing program start dates, easy enrolment, financing guidance, and career services, we’re here to help you achieve your goals.